Thursday, February 5, 2009

Exhaustion

Exhaustion is setting in on me. I am working 5 days at two different hospitals for a total of 52 hours this week. The money is nice and we have been able to make a lot of improvements to the Purple Palace, but I am really close to being done with the whole thing. I feel like all I am doing is working, sleeping and going to the grocery store. I am also sick of people telling me 'Oh you're young you can do it'. Argh! I don't care how old you are only one day off at a time is difficult. I think the worst part of the whole thing is I don't get to spend any time with my family. On average I see Jake about 10 minutes a day and usually I literally only see him, because when I get home he is on the Treadmill or lifting weights. I talk to him on the phone more than in person, and some days the only thing I get to tell him is I love him. It's not just my job, it's his too. They fired a Program Director and they are having him do that job on top of his regular stuff, so he is gone most days from 9-8, not to mention the non-stop phone calls and endless email checking. Oh and the bonus is they aren't paying him any extra. Great! I hate to be such a downer, it is just starting to get to me. I am hoping they will start paying him more or give him less work (or both) soon. I worry about how this will affect our relationship and if it will make having/starting a family difficult. Things will get better soon, it just really sucks right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment