Sunday, November 22, 2009

Family Matters

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not terribly close with my siblings. I am 5 years older than my sister and 8 years older than the baby, my brother. My brother called me yesterday after I hadn't talked to him in about 2-3 months. The conversation started off well with small talk, I told him that Jake and I were getting ready for the arrival of our baby in about 3 weeks. Jerrod then asked me if he could 'crash' at our place for three weeks since he was in San Francisco. I told him no nicely and then told him that I had to go and hoped he had a safe trip back to Las Vegas. 20 minutes later I got a text message from him asking for $20 to help him get home. Again I told him no. This is a perfect example as to why I am not close to my brother and as to why I am 'hand-picking' my children's Aunts and Uncles. Some of my family tell me that I need to accept my brother for who he is, but I can not because I really and truly hope that one day he will become a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment