Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Getting my body back

Now that I have been cleared to do exercise by my OB, I would really like to try to get my body back. I am about 19 pounds heavier than I was at 8 weeks pregnant. I am pretty happy about that seeing that at 40 weeks pregnant I was 215 pounds. I am not sure what I am going to do about exercise yet, I am thinking I am probably going to walk first since I can do that with Hunter. The problem is that I really don't want to 'diet'. I have gotten in trouble with dieting before where I become obsessed with calories or points or whatever the diet makes you watch and it becomes a vicious cycle where I make myself feel bad because I have 'failed'. Jake has decided to do Weight Watchers again since it works for him. I know that I cannot do it again so am going to just try to eat healthy and make Weight Watchers dinners and see how it goes. Since I don't weigh myself anymore, we will just have to go by how my clothes fit.

1 comment:

  1. Diets don't ever seem to really work for people. They loose the weight, stop the diet and gain all the weight back. Over the years, I have incorporated healthy life style choices and I take them one at a time. First I gave up soda (all soda, even diet), then limiting red meat, and so on. I took the eating changes one at a time. Last year I started eating protein based snacks. Eating should be about life style choices, not dieting. I can give you more infomration if you want some help.

    ReplyDelete